We are pleased that you are considering J. Addison School as your choice of exceptional education! Choosing the right school is no easy task and we are here to help. Our dedicated and knowledgeable team of Admissions Staff is available to help you every step of the way from inquiries through to the completion of the application process.

 

School Tour

The best way to learn more about our school is to come for a school tour. If you are in town, we have a couple of options for you to visit us:

  1. Open House: We open our doors to the general public several times a year. Check out our School Contact form to find our upcoming Open House Dates and register yourself as a guest on your preferred date.
  2. By Appointment: School Tours are available Monday to Friday 9:30am – 5:00pm*. It is important to arrange your visit ahead of time so we can better serve you. Please complete the Book a Tour form to schedule a time that suits you best. (Note: Due to the high volume of tour requests, we are unable to accommodate last minute booking or unscheduled visit. Thank you for your understanding.)

How To Apply

BEFORE you apply, please make sure you have the following items ready:
1) Applicant’s latest original academic record/transcript or last 2 years of report cards scanned in PDF or JPG format.
2) The ID page with photo of applicant’s valid passport scanned in PDF or JPG format.
3) A student photograph of the applicant in JPG or PNG format.
4) Applicant’s updated immunization record scanned in PDF or JPG format.
5) Any other support documents that may assist with the review process, scanned in PDF or JPF format.

Application Instructions and Procedures for our Regular School Program

1) Submit application form ONLINE HERE and pay the $300 non-refundable application fee by cheque, cash or credit card.
2) You will be contacted for an interview, if necessary, as part of the review process.
3) If accepted, a Pre-Admission Letter will be sent to you.
4) Remit tuition fees as directed in the Pre-Admission Letter.
5) Once tuition fees have been received, a Welcome Package which includes the official Letter of Acceptance, receipt of payment and other relevant documents will be sent to you.
6) If you are an international student, apply for a student visa at your nearest Canadian Consulate and notify the school as soon as visa is approved.
7) Purchase your flight ticket and notify the school of your arrival date and time. The school can coordinate airport pick up and accommodations if requested.
8) Remember to bring all necessary original documentation in order to support your identity and student visa.
9) Assessment tests, if necessary, will be conducted at the school before the start of school program.

Tuition Fees (Effective Feb 1, 2021)

JASX Early Learning Program (for Ages 3 - 5)

We offer a range of programs to suit different schedule needs.

Payment Methods

  • Payment can be made in Canadian dollars by major debit or credit cards or via wire transfer to our Bank Account.
  • Monthly Installment Payment Plan is available for Canadian students, please contact us for further details.

Refund Policy

There will be no refunds of any kind under any other circumstances including but not limited to when a student decides not to pursue studies at J. Addison School by giving up his/her spot at the school and/or at the dormitory at any time for any reason, or when a student is expelled by the school due to disciplinary issues. Credits will be issued should a student defer their studies or dormitory program.

For International Students, in the case that your visa/study permit application is not approved, a copy of the rejection letter from Citizenship and Immigration Canada must be submitted to the school as proof of denial. J. Addison will issue a full refund of the fees less CAD$300 Annual Registration Fee and CAD$300 Administration Fee. 30 business days are required to process the refund.

Only the unused tuition fees will be refunded should a program start AND the visa is rejected at a later time. There are NO refunds on any previous fees should a student's status in Canada change. Fee adjustments may be made due to changes in programs.

Elementary Program (Grades 1 - 8)

Payment Methods

  • Payment can be made in Canadian dollars by major debit or credit cards or via wire transfer to our Bank Account.
  • Installment Payment Plan is Available for Canadian Day Students only:
    20% of tuition + all other fees + a $300 handling fee paid at time of application, together with remaining 80% via 8 post-dated cheques, dated 1st October – 1st May.

Refund Policy

There will be no refunds of any kind under any other circumstances including but not limited to when a student decides not to pursue studies at J. Addison School by giving up his/her spot at the school and/or at the dormitory at any time for any reason, or when a student is expelled by the school due to disciplinary issues. Credits will be issued should a student defer their studies or dormitory program.

For International Students, in the case that your visa/study permit application is not approved, a copy of the rejection letter from Citizenship and Immigration Canada must be submitted to the school as proof of denial. J. Addison will issue a full refund of the fees less CAD$300 Annual Registration Fee and CAD$300 Administration Fee. 30 business days are required to process the refund.

Only the unused tuition fees will be refunded should a program start AND the visa is rejected at a later time. There are NO refunds on any previous fees should a student's status in Canada change. Fee adjustments may be made due to changes in programs.

Secondary Day (Grades 9 - 12)

i) For High School. Maximum of 8 Ontario high school credit courses per year for Grades 9 – 12.
ii) Supplementary Fees include textbooks, classroom materials, after school clubs, volunteer activities, event/festival celebrations, information sessions, presentations, extra-curricular activities, field trips, Focus For Success (FFS), specialty programs, and other similar programs and school events.
iii) Technology Fees are used towards additions, upgrades, replacements, repairs, etc. of all information technology infrastructure, hardware, software, and other technological teaching and learning tools.
iv) Dormitory fees not paid at same time as tuition fees during initial registration will incur extra service fees as no adjustments or credits will be made on previous payments (i.e duplicate payment on lunch plan). Please note that room assignment is at the discretion of J. Addison School; we cannot guarantee availability. The Dormitory Move-In and Move-Out Schedule should be confirmed with our Admissions Department. The dormitory will be closed during the annual 2-week Winter Break; it is the parent’s responsibility to make arrangements for their child(ren).
v) These funds will be held by the school and applied to cover personal incidental expenses such as medical visits, hygiene, and other personal expenses that dorm students incur in addition to damages/repairs/losses that may occur during the school year. Unused funds will be returned when the student moves out of the dormitory. Dormitory Incidental Deposit refund claim forms must be submitted within six (6) months of departure from our school or will be forfeited.
vi) All students applying for a Canadian study permit to attend our school and/or live in our dormitory must have a Canadian custodian. Custodians must be English speaking, a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident over the age of 21 and must reside within the Greater Toronto Area, Ontario. A “Custodianship Declaration Form” must be completed and notarized; a copy of this form is to be provided to our school. If you require assistance with this process, please let us know. It is at the school’s discretion to assign a suitable custodian, which may change during the school year. Not available for day students.
vii) Fee adjustments for program changes may/may not be made based on various factors, including but not limited to: government restrictions, program availability, personal preferences, the evolving nature of the pandemic and other force majeure events. We will work with each family to determine optimal solutions.

Payment Methods

  • Payment can be made in Canadian dollars by major debit or credit cards or via wire transfer to our Bank Account.
  • Installment Payment Plan is Available for Canadian Day Students only:
    20% of tuition + all other fees + a $300 handling fee paid at time of application, together with remaining 80% via 8 post-dated cheques, dated 1st October – 1st May.

Refund Policy

There will be no refunds of any kind under any other circumstances including but not limited to when a student decides not to pursue studies at J. Addison School by giving up his/her spot at the school and/or at the dormitory at any time for any reason, or when a student is expelled by the school due to disciplinary issues. Credits will be issued should a student defer their studies or dormitory program.

For International Students, in the case that your visa/study permit application is not approved, a copy of the rejection letter from Citizenship and Immigration Canada must be submitted to the school as proof of denial. J. Addison will issue a full refund of the fees less CAD$300 Annual Registration Fee and CAD$300 Administration Fee. 30 business days are required to process the refund.

Only the unused tuition fees will be refunded should a program start AND the visa is rejected at a later time. There are NO refunds on any previous fees should a student's status in Canada change. Fee adjustments may be made due to changes in programs.

Boarding Program (Grades 7 - 12)