All payments, installments and deposits paid are non-refundable, non-transferable and subject to change without notice.
In the case that a student visa / study permit application is not approved, a copy of the rejection letter from Citizenship and Immigration Canada must be submitted to the school as proof of denial. J. Addison will issue a full refund of the fees less CAD$300 Annual Registration Fee and CAD$300 Administration Fee. 30 business days are required to process the refund.
There will be no refunds of any kind under any other circumstances including but not limited to when a student decides not to pursue studies at J. Addison School by giving up his/her spot at the school and/or at the dormitory at any time for any reason, or when a student is expelled by the school due to disciplinary issues. Credit will be issued should a student defer their studies or dormitory program.
Smoking and Fine
I, the undersigned, understand that smoking is strictly prohibited at J. Addison School, including the grounds and school property that are specifically annexed/ in use by our school (e.g. the playground). Students found to be smoking on campus, outside a building, or off campus, will be dealt with by the Principal or Administrative designate. Any offender could be subject to a maximum fine of $5,000 and/or disciplinary action.
Permission to Participate in School Trips
I give permission for the student to take part in scheduled out-of-school events during the school year. I understand that I will be notified again in writing of the details prior to each off-site outing (except for dorm students).
I authorize the student's photograph/video/voice/name to be used for school activities and school purposes only (including school promotional materials in print and all forms of digital media including but not limited to website and social media.)
Report Card and Transcript
I hereby give permission to J. Addison School to send my report card/transcript to the student's parents/guardian/custodian/agent.
I understand that in the event of an accident or illness occurring to the student, J. Addison School will make every attempt to contact the parents/guardian/custodian. If however, I cannot be reached, I hereby give J. Addison School authority to act on my behalf to take whatever steps are necessary to obtain emergency medical care if warranted. These steps may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Attempt to contact the student's physician.
- Attempt to contact the emergency contact.
- Call another physician.
- Call an ambulance.
- Have the child taken to the emergency department of a hospital, in the company of a staff member of J. Addison School.
Any expenses incurred under the circumstances listed above will be the responsibility of the child's family.
I hereby grant permission for the on-call physician, dormitory parents, principal, or headmaster of J. Addison School to sign operative and anesthesia permits for the student applicant as thought necessary by a physician or surgeon. I authorize first aid measures by the best qualified person on hand at the time of any emergency. I hereby waive any claims against anyone administering first aid. I understand the school will make all possible efforts to reach me prior to any treatment or surgery.
Code of Behaviour
- Students must be respectful to the program supervisors and their peers at all times.
- All online students must abide by the Online Student Behaviour Contract.
- No verbal or physical harassment will be accepted under any circumstances.
- Students should bring energy and a positive attitude each day they participate in our program.
- Students must be respectful of school materials and the facility.
- Students agree to adhere to all safety and security protocols which include COVID-19 prevention measures.
J. Addison School is committed to protecting the privacy of its students and families. Personal information is not sold, leased or traded with other organizations and will not be disclosed except in accordance with school identified purposes or unless permitted or required by law. Personal information collected on this form is used to ensure the safety of your child while attending our school, to determine the medical and dietary needs of the child and in the event of a health concern requiring emergency treatment.
By signing this form, you give J. Addison School your consent to collect, use and/or disclose your personal information and the information of your child for all school related operations.
Parent/Guardian approval is only required if student is under 18 years of age. Punctuality and regular attendance are vital to the process of learning. A student may be asked to withdraw from a course if his/her attendance is irregular.
I agree to abide by the rules and regulations of J. Addison School, including the Code of Conduct as detailed in the J. Addison School Course Calendar, and the Dormitory Residents' Manual.
I recognize that school and dormitory administrators have sole responsibility for the interpretation of the school's rules, regulations, and policies. I understand that the principal and headmaster have the right to remove students from the school and/or dormitory and return them to their parents/guardians/custodians.
I hereby certify that all the information contained on these forms are accurate and complete; J. Addison School will not be responsible for accidents or injuries that may arise as a result of incorrect or missing information given at the time of enrollment. It is the parent/guardian/custodian's responsibility to provide J. Addison staff with written notification of changes or new student information, including that of returning students.
I also agree to release and indemnify J. Addison School, its Director, Officers, Agents and Employees from any and all claims for damages arising from any injury or otherwise related actions to the student as a result of any accident, illness, or for any reason arising from participation in any school activities on or off J. Addison School grounds.
I have read the rules and regulations of J. Addison School, including the Code of Conduct as detailed in the J. Addison School Course Calendar, the Dormitory Residents' Manual, the Expectations for Online Student Behaviour Contract, and agree to abide them.
Program changes due to registration, weather, etc. may be made at the school's discretion, without notice. Should any unforeseen circumstances arise which are beyond our control, including but not limited to: acts of God, riots, war, terrorist acts, epidemic, pandemic, quarantine, civil commotion, breakdown of communication facilities, breakdown of web host, breakdown of internet service provider, natural catastrophes, governmental acts or omissions, changes in laws or regulations, national strikes, fire, explosion, accidents, generalized lack of availability of raw materials or energy, etc., J. Addison School reserves the right to make changes to our programs (i.e. academic and dormitory arrangements, cancellations or re-scheduling of programs as deemed necessary, acceptance or admission to J. Addison School's programs or the deferral thereof and access to J. Addison School's premises and facilities), without any liability, whatsoever.
J. Addison School is not responsible for omissions, printing and/or presentation errors which may be contained in brochures, internet sites, or in any other form of media where such information may be presented; we reserve the right to make corrections as required.
- I recognize that school and dormitory administrators have sole responsibility for the interpretation of the school's rules, regulations, and policies. I understand that the principal and Administrators have the right to remove students from the school and/or dormitory and return them to their parents/guardians/custodians.
- I undersigned and agree with terms and conditions set out in this application form and understand that acceptance into a J. Addison School program will be based on availability and first-come first-serve basis. Should my application be denied, I agree to be placed on a waiting list. I understand that I will be notified at least 1 month (for local students) / at least 3 months (for international students) prior to the start of the program (if possible) to receive assistance from J. Addison School to seek an alternate program.
- I hereby certify that all the information contained on these forms are accurate and complete; J. Addison School will not be responsible for accidents, injuries, and/or disciplinary action, including expulsions, that may arise as a result of incorrect or missing information given at the time of enrollment. It is the parent/guardian's responsibility to provide J. Addison staff with written notification of changes or new student information, including that of returning students.
- I acknowledge that breaching of any school policies, procedures, rules and/or regulations (including updates that are made from time to time) may result in immediate cancellation of enrolment and forfeiture of any fees paid.
- I also agree to release and indemnify J. Addison School, its Director, Officers, Agents and Employees from any and all claims for damages arising from any injury or otherwise related actions to my child as a result of any accident, illness, or for any reason arising from participation in any school activities on or off J. Addison School grounds.
I, the undersigned, and the student named herein have read and understand all the above terms and conditions listed on this application form, and agree to abide by them.